I am a staunch supporter of our Second Amendment. I have been involved with the Idaho Second Amendment Alliance (ISAA) since 2013 and a founding member since 2015. They have done important work in our capitol and statewide in their preemption project, Constitutional Carry, and have started to solidify stand-your-ground and castle doctrine laws.
- I support any laws expanding our constitutional right to bear arms to all Americans 18+ in Idaho.
- I support legislation strengthening Idaho's stand-your-ground and castle doctrine laws.
- I support legislation to remove the power of public universities to regulate the carrying of concealed firearms on campus, and return that power to the legislature.
- I support a bill laying out penalties for governmental entities and individuals who knowingly and willingly violate the preemption statute.
- I oppose all methods of gun control.
- I oppose legislation banning high-capacity magazines and semi-automatic firearms.
- I oppose legislation implementing "Universal Background Checks."
I will ALWAYS support legislation expanding and protecting your right to bear arms.